- Find out if you are registered to vote
▪ You will need: last name, date of birth, and driver license number or social security number
- Ways to register to vote
▪ You must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years old on Election Day.▪ The deadline to register to vote is February 18, 2014.▪ Register in person by visiting any City, Village or Township Hall in DuPage County. You can also register to vote any time at the second floor information desk at GEPL.▪ Register by mail by downloading this form and returning it no later than February 18, 2014.▪ For more information about voter registration click here.
- Grace Period Voting
▪ After February 18, DuPage County residents who wish to register to vote must do so at the DuPage County Election Commission during grace period voting.▪ The Election Commission is located at 421 N. County Farm Rd, Wheaton at the DuPage County Complex.▪ When registering during grace period voting, the voter must cast a ballot at the same time.▪ The last day for grace period voting is Saturday, March 15.
Absentee Voting, Vote By Mail (VBM), and Early Voting
- Print and mail this form for Absentee/VBM requests. Absentee ballot request forms are also available at the second floor information desk.
- Registered voters in DuPage County may vote early at any DuPage County Early Voting site located throughout the County.
▪ An early voter is not required to state a reason for voting early.
▪ A registered voter simply drops by an Early Voting site and presents a valid government-issued photo ID.▪ Once an early vote has been cast, the vote is final. The voter may not go to the polling place on Election Day to change a vote.▪ Registered voters may cast an early ballot at the following locations around Glen Ellyn:▪ Glen Ellyn Civic Center, 535 Duane St, Glen Ellyn 60137▪ DuPage County Election Commission, 421 N County Farm Rd, Wheaton, 60187▪ Dates for early voting for the March 18, 2014 Primary Election:▪ Begins Monday, March 3▪ Ends Saturday, March 15
- Information about candidates for office can be found on GEPL’s website by visiting http://www.gepl.org/voters/march-18-2014/.
- To find out who your electors are, visit the DuPage County Election Commission’s voter status look up or address look up.
Election Day Information
- Election day is Tuesday, March 18, 2014. You may vote any time from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Find your polling place
▪ You will need: last name, date of birth, and driver license number or social security number.
- League of Women Voters of Glen Ellyn: Local chapter of the League of Women Voters. Political but nonpartisan, LWV-GE does not endorse candidates or parties but does take positions on political issues.
- Project VoteSmart
- DuPage County Election Commission: Your local bipartisan election board operating under state and federal law.
- PolitiFact: Political fact-checking website operated by the Tampa Bay Times.
- Open Secrets: Operated by the nonpartisan, nonprofit Center for Responsive Politics. Tracks the effect of money on U.S. politics, elections, and public policy.
- Illinois State Board of Elections
- Federal Election Commission
updated October 30, 2013