How do I become a member of Friends of the Library?
Making a monetary donation to Friends of the Library establishes you as a member of the Friends organization for the current calendar year. Your donation will enhance library services and provide increased resources and materials. Donation checks may be made out to Friends of the Glen Ellyn Library and either dropped off at the library’s circulation desk or mailed to:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
c/o Friends of the Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
For more information on membership, contact us at friends[at]gepl[dot]org.
What are the benefits of Friends membership?
Members receive free books, discounts and special invitations to Friends events, including:
- Free early-bird admission from 8:00-9:00AM at our book sale on March 17
- A free book, CD, movie or other regularly priced item of your choice at each of our upcoming 2012 book sales
For more information on the benefits of membership, contact us at friends[at]gepl[dot]org.
How can I volunteer with Friends of the Library?
Anyone can volunteer with Friends of the Library, regardless of their membership status. Volunteers can participate in a variety of activities:
- Work at our bimonthly used book sales held in the library basement
- Sort and shelve donated items to prepare for used book sales
- Address and stuff envelopes for our annual community mailing in October
- Help at various Friends-sponsored community outreach events throughout the year
- Help sell items online (read below)
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact us at friends[at]gepl[dot]org.
Like selling items online? Love books? Want to help the library?
Friends of the Library is seeking several volunteers to assist us in selling certain donated books online. All you need is a computer, Internet access and a printer, and you can do the work at home or at the library.
This is a great way to give books a second chance and contribute funding to our library at the same time.
To learn more about this new volunteer opportunity, please email your name and phone number to friends[at]gepl[dot]org and we will contact you with more details.