A. Adult Residents
Adults living in the boundaries of the Glen Ellyn Public Library District are entitled to register for a library card. The library card is valid for three (3) years and is free of charge to district residents.
To obtain your library card, come to the Circulation Desk with two (2) forms of identification, one being a picture ID and one with your name and current address. Options are shown below; please present one form of ID from List A and one from List B.
Adults who are unable to sign for or unable to accept financial responsibility for themselves must have someone to sign and accept financial responsibility for them.
- Valid State ID
- Drivers License
- Country ID e.g. Matricula Consular
- School ID
- Mortgage or lease documents
- Current property tax bill
- Current month’s statement for credit card, insurance premium, cable television or other utilities
- Current month’s pay stub
- Illinois motor vehicle registration
To renew your library card a picture ID and proof of your Glen Ellyn address is all that is required.
Please note: Not all Glen Ellyn addresses are within the Glen Ellyn Public Library District. There are two ways to determine within which district you reside:
• Your real estate tax bill lists which, if any, library district your taxes support.
• Inquire by calling the Glen Ellyn Public Library Circulation Services department at (630) 469-0879 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (630) 469-0879 end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (630) 469-0879 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
B. Minor Residents
All persons under 18 years of age who apply for a library card must have a resident adult parent or guardian sign their registration form at the time the card is issued. The adult must provide two IDs as previously stated. The signature establishes acceptance by the parent or guardian of ultimate financial responsibility for all materials lent with the card.
Renewals of minor resident library cards are permitted without a new signature of the parent or guardian as long as the person under 18 has a form of picture ID and proof of residence and as long as the parental signature is still on file.